Best App Out There

Best App Out There

Postby Spiker101 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 pm

Hello, I just want to tell you that after hours and hours of research (and using this app for several month). This is the best flashcard program out there!

One of the most impressive feature is the now 5 side viewing. This is incredibly helpful. For example, when studying anatomy, I can have the following setup:
S1: Picture of the Structure
S2: Name of the Structure
S3: Origin Insertion
S4: Function

And I can answer the question in steps.

Other awesome feature:

Using Excel to is by far the fastest and most versatile

There are some other flashcards that allow you to use field and template to create multiple sets of cards (calling it "multiple side", which I argue isnt nearly as good as the sides in this program). HOWEVER, if you have any basic knowledge you can do all that and more (automatically combine cells) in seconds to the entire set!

I am very happy with your app, there is just 1 thing I think you forgot to add. When I am browsing the card you allow me to show side 1 first or side 2 first, which is awesome. (In my example I can name muscle in the picture, or find muscle in the picture) However, something I want to be able to show side 3/4/5 first. (In my example, I want to be able to give a function and ask for name). This is only a minor problem and I believe would be pretty easy to fix, since you can already show side 2 first.

Thx, I will be looking forward to an update.
Spiker101

Re: Best App Out There

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 am

Hi. Thanks.

The reason I don't have a show "side 3" first is because I don't know if you want side 1 shown next or side 2, etc. What I do is have a screen called "Card Layout". It's a little complicated, but after you get the hang of it it's very powerful. In the Deck Options screen, tap "Card Layout", Edit, "Custom 1", "Side 1->2"... then notice what is shown on each side. By default, Text 1, Picture 1 and Sound 1 are shown on side 1. You can remap this, and even include multiple text fields on the same side. I generally tap "Clear Layout" and start from scratch if I'm changing a lot.

Does this give you what you want? Let me know if you have questions with this.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Spiker101 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:31 am

Hello,

Yes, it does provide the function I need. Although I feel it is a little too cumbersome. I realize that it offer things like combine fields etc but it is my personal preference to do such things in excel :).

I wish the feature is as following:

On as screen showing

Card 1
Card 2
Card 3
Card 4
Card 5

If I want card 5 to be first I just drag card 5 to top

Card 5
Card 1
Card 2
Card 3
Card 4

Then the program show 51234, this would be so easy and simple for the users. I feel that the benefit of combining field is not worth the extra complications for the majority of the people that use this program (especially when the feature is somewhat redundant for anyone with excel).
Spiker101

Postby Ernie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 pm

I agree your method would be the right way to go for many users. This is on my list of possible updates, though not a very high priority right now as the functionality exists, just in a more complicated manner.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback