Request; Button to turn pages

Request; Button to turn pages

Postby Simon D. » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:08 am

Hi Ernie,

thank you so much for this great app! Im using it for half a year now and it helps me greatly with my personal studies.

All those expert settings i didnt need in the beginning i am using now to learn the cards in opposite directions with special settings. Very very nice!

I come to my request i think many might have some benefit in:

U allow users to manage the buttons on the bottom of the screen like Forwards, Backwards, Correct, Wrong etc. Can u add a button to flip/turn the pages? Like when touching the middle of the screen?

Background: Im using this app on an everyday schedule when riding my bicycle to work. 1 hour every day. The smartphone is properly fixed at the bike. But touching the screen is not that easy. In the winter now i have already cut of some portion of my gloves that the screen reacts to my touches :)
I would like to work with speech recognition. And its working fine using the official Google Android Voice Access. Its really working fine BUT: Voice Access can only interact with buttons, it can not click in the middle of the screen. So if i had a button to flip pages, Google Voice Assist would recognize it and i could flip pages with voice command too.

I think many use this when driving car, if they would use voice access the driving safety would benefit too. But it wont work without the possibility wo turn the pages :)

I would like to add a screenshot showing Google Voice Access when using ur app but taking screenshots is not that simple there.

Ah another thing idd appreciate is: Filtering which cards to learn by something like "T1 notnullorwhitespace, T2 notnullorwhitespace". Im using the same deck on several layouts, but in one layout i some cards have no question and i would like to exclude them automatically by checking that they got no text on the questioned page.

Forgive me my bad english! Thank you so much for this great app! I really owe u something!

Greetings from germany,
Kind regards,
Simon D.
Simon D.

Re: Request; Button to turn pages

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:53 am

Hi Simon,

I never knew about Google Voice Access. I just tried it out and it's pretty neat! A few people have asked about answering with voice. It's a solution (for Android).

I will plan to add a button for "flip". I'll try to get it in for the next update.

As for blank cards, can you assign categories to cards and then filter using those categories?

"bad English"? I thought it was perfect English and couldn't tell you were not a native English speaker until you said so. You all in Germany put us Americans to shame when it comes to knowing multiple languages well. I'm impressed.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi Simon, hi Ernie,

Simon if you use android, you should try voice access app from Google,
In app store type "voice access"

It, it enables voice control of android phone, so basically, you could in theory swipe left, right up or down just with your voice so you wouldn't need any buttons and could focus on road.
Hope it works out for you and please replay on how it works out for you, if you are iPhone user, maybe they have similar app as well
Safety first!!

Postby Ernie » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:32 am

I did add a study button for "Flip" in the latest update.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby eneri81 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:11 pm

I like the idea of using speach to flip cards or mark them as correct, incorrect: has anyone tried this with Apple/Siri?
Thanks
eneri81

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:25 am

While I've never tried, I do think I had a user a while back say they successfully did it.

To turn on voice commands:
https://www.macrumors.com/guide/voice-control/

You might need to add this new "Flip" study button. I don't remember how you have Siri tap a certain button. If you can't figure it out, let me know
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback