SSR Feedback (Progress Meter)

SSR Feedback (Progress Meter)

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 am

Hi Ernie,
could you please provide more details about calculation of the percentage. Does 100% mean all cards are answered correct at least one time within that target interval eg 90 days?
Are all cards considered or only those which are filtered for study?
Will there be only one target interval for all decks? I use different repetition time frame for different content/decks. My suggestion is to use the already existing "maximum interval".
I like to see also the total number of cards which is at present not visible for combi-decks at least if there is a score (number of correct cards within target interval) instead of percentage.
Katja from Hamburg

Re: SSR Feedback

Postby Ernie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:48 pm

100% means that all cards have an interval of at least 90 days.
50% means that the average interval of all cards is 45 days.
% = sum of intervals / sum of target intervals
(An individual card's interval is capped at the target for this calc.)

I don't understand your "correct at least one time with that target interval", but let me know if you think you have a better progress calc compared to what I am proposing.

Only cards which are filtered for study are included in this calc. Card count will now include only filtered cards for SR decks. (This is inconsistent with non-SR decks because for these, card count will be all cards regardless of filtered status, but that's the way it goes.)

Each deck has it's own target interval. This setting is right below "maximum interval". I like having a different setting, since I use a lower target (for progress %) than my max.

I think I'll add an option to show card count for combo decks.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: SSR Feedback (Progress Meter)

Postby Ernie » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:19 pm

I like to see also the total number of cards which is at present not visible for combi-decks at least if there is a score (number of correct cards within target interval) instead of percentage.

For combo decks, what I'd like to do is offer the option to show card count INSTEAD of DECK count. Would this work for you?
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: SR Feedback (Progress Meter)

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:29 am

Thanks for the details, Ernie.
I'm fine with that and understand now the additional value for target interval. Your calculation is on average of time. I thought it would be using number of cards. I like to give an example but I don't say that mine is better than yours.
e.g. ten cards with interval 1, 1, 5, 5, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 60
if target interval is 30 days I assume 50% as 5 cards from 10 meets the border
your calc will be sum with cap is 182 divided by 10x30 comes to abt 60%
or target interval 40 days I assume 40% as 4 cards have at least that interval
but your calculation (if I'm not wrong) will be 222/400 being 55%

Regarding deck or card count what about showing both ;-) like 77 (2) i.e. 77 cards in 2 decks.
If only the number is visible how could I see that this is a combo in different to the original deck?
Katja from Hamburg

Postby Ernie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 pm

your calculation (if I'm not wrong) will be 222/400 being 55%

Correct. I now see what your idea is... It's all-or-nothing for the card.

Yeah, I know not being able to see which are combo decks might not be ideal. Adding both will take up space and decrease the amount of space for the deck name, but this is probably better, at least as an option. I'll do something...

Thanks!
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: SR Feedback (Progress Meter)

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:17 pm

it's so silent in the Forum ...
As there are now two possibilities to calculate perhaps a statistician or a mathematican or a teacher could give his response which type of calculation will be the best to show progress (or lack).
Please consider that the shown value should be a good parameter for small decks as well as for large decks.
Katja from Hamburg

Postby Ernie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:26 am

Yeah, it's been quiet lately. Maybe because of summer break.

My reason for leaning towards my approach vs yours is that with yours the progress will stay 0% for six months until you get your first card past the goal. It may then start shooting up quickly as the 50%+ of your cards all start reaching the goal around the same time.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback