justification

justification

Postby kl » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:13 am

how do i justify it to the left so i can have bullet points?
kl

Re: justification

Postby Ernie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:20 am

In the black study screen, tap the (i) in the top right to go to Study Options. Look for "Text Align" and change from Auto to "Left".
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:23 am

but is it possible to have bullet points in the answer like in an outline format?

Postby Ernie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:30 am

You can't add tabs to line things up in two columns, or like in an outline. You can do something like:

• Some text
• Some more text

In this case, the tricky parts are the bullet and the new lines. Assume you are creating your flashcards on your PC, to get a bullet, copy-paste it from above. Alternatively, you can use a dash. To get a new line, you can use | (shift \) to force a new line in your flashcards. If using a spreadsheet, you can create a new line in a cell by pressing alt-enter (PC) which will do the same thing, and may be more legible.

Does this answer it?
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:31 am

kind of...i wanna like show an outline. Like I. whatever then A. fhsfdhdfsh (but indented)

Postby Ernie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:43 am

The app doesn't really support indenting. One option is to force multiple spaces at the beginning using a special code <sp>

1. Item 1
<sp> <sp> A. Sub item 1
<sp> <sp> A. Sub item 2

It's not pretty, but it might give you the look you want. On a single line this would be:
1. Item 1| <sp> <sp> A. Sub item 1| <sp> <sp> A. Sub item 2

The other thing to consider is ease of creating cards, so it may not be worth the extra hastle/complication to do such a thing.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback