Folders

Folders

Postby Rubeneer » Sun May 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Heu Ernie,

Is there any plan to allow folders within folders. I'm trying to keep notecards over a long period and it would be great to group them by semester. I think it would just give a cleaner look. Love the app!

Thanks!
Rubeneer
Rubeneer

Re: Folders

Postby Ernie » Sun May 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Rubeneer,

I'm sorry, even though I get this request from time to time, I really don't have any plans for folders within folders. It definitely won't happen anytime soon.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Albert » Mon May 30, 2011 7:29 pm

I am curious. I know that you have stated that there are no plans for nesting folders anytime soon. Is this because it would be a coding nightmare to integrate this into your existing source code? I am a programmer myself and I can appreciate that once a project gets to a certain level of maturity it can be difficult if not impossible to do certain things without performing major surgery on the code and this would risk braking things unintentionally.
Albert

Postby Ernie » Mon May 30, 2011 8:32 pm

It probably wouldn't take major surgery, but it's not a simple task. It really boils down to priorities... I have a lot of things I want to do with this app and I need to prioritize. Taking into account the amount of work involved for this and the benefit to the average user, this just is laying lower on my to-do list than other items.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback