Clock display?

Clock display?

Postby Tony » Sun May 22, 2011 11:18 am

Ernie - thanks as always for the continued improvements! I'm grateful, as I'm sure a lot of others are, for your dedication to making this app the best.

Here's one on my wishlist I'd like for you to consider: Personally, I'd like to have a regular clock display somewhere during flashcard review (and when using the new fancy themes). I tend to review whenever I have a few free minutes to spare throughout the day, but because the display is full screen and removes the usual title bar, I have to stop reviewing to check what time it is. When you only have a few minutes, it's best not to accidentally study for too long!

My suggestion would either be to optionally replace the deck name at the top of the card (which I personally don't have a use for), or even better, to perhaps make a bit of space and put it above the card itself, like how you have the stats at the bottom of the screen. This could allow you a bit of space for anything else of use too, like a timer or such.
Tony

Re: Clock display?

Postby Ernie » Sun May 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok, I'll add this to my to-do list. Adding it to the space where the deck name is shown would be the easiest, but if I ever make space for a timer at the top (which seems like a possibility) then creating a new area would make sense. I personally would also prefer the time rather than deck name at the top, so not sure what I'll end up doing... option to show one or the other or both? I'll try to fit this in in the somewhat near future. Thanks for the feedback.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Sun May 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Thanks man, appreciate the consideration. It's obviously not a big deal, but one of those little things that could be useful.
Tony

Postby Tony » Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 am

You know, while both replacing title and making extra space sound good - just toggling whether the usual iPhone titlebar is hidden or not (fullscreen toggle) could accomplish the same goal, if that's any easier.
Tony

Postby Ernie » Tue May 31, 2011 11:23 am

I don't want to add the title bar to the new new themes. In the past, I've thought if someone wants to see the clock, use one of the old themes, which support the toggle to show/hide this. I still thing it would be nice to add to new themes, but I won't add a big title bar or the stock status bar at the top with the time.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback