Elementary Font

Elementary Font

Postby eankobert » Thu May 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Ernie,
Could you add a font that mimics how a child learns to write the alphabet? Chalkboard is close but not quite there.
Thanks
eankobert

Re: Elementary Font

Postby Ernie » Thu May 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I don't expect to be adding any custom fonts in the near future, as Apple doesn't make this inviting to do so. As for the built-in fonts, I think Chalkboard is your best best. What letter or letters don't you like and why? I can at least keep my eyes open for other options if I know what to look for.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby eankobert » Thu May 05, 2011 9:26 pm

the lower case q has no curl on the end. lower case q and p are the most difficult for kids to differentiate and with no curl it makes it harder. the lower case l has a slight curl on it. it's really not too big of an issue, just those two letters, i wish apple made it easier for you so you could just throw it in there, maybe someday.
Thanks for the great app. We'll be buying 30 copies for our ipad lab at one of the schools I work at. I've been helping them turn many of their worksheets into flashcards. It's nice because then we can let the kids practice only the core curriculum without all of the "fluff" that is in other apps. And then the kids get to write their answer, see a picture, hear correct pronunciation of words, and repeat any that they missed the first time through. I also like that later the teacher can go on the ipad and see which cards have been missed the most so they can reteach the subjects that need it.
Thanks Again
eankobert

Postby Ernie » Fri May 06, 2011 2:44 am

Thanks for the p/q/l info. I didn't see any built in iPad fonts that looked better. There is a free app called "Fonts" that will show you fonts installed on your iPad. If you do find anything you like, let me know.

I always enjoy hearing about this app getting used in school. Thanks for your support!
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback