Importing from Quizlet

Importing from Quizlet

Postby Exrulez » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Hey!
Awesome app and i'm absolutely loving it.
I am having this issue with the app.

After creating a new deck in Quizlet.com
and trying to add it to the Flashcards app using the
+ sign, then "Quizlet Flashcards" i don't get my newest flashcards (made like 1 minute ago)
shown on the list of available flashcards.
It usually takes like over 5 minutes for the newest ones to appear.

Is this a bug or is it setup like this?
I guess I can just wait for the cards to finally appear, but if It can be done instantly that would be great.
Maybe a "resync" "refresh" button of some sort?

Other than that I am loving this application, thank you so much

Adan
Exrulez

Re: Importing from Quizlet

Postby Exrulez » Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Just subscribed to the forum :)
Looking forward to your comments Ernie!

Regards
Exrulez

Postby Ernie » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi Adan,

Welcome. Well, this delay is unfortunately outside my control. When you tap "my Quizlet.com sets", I go to Quizlet and ask for the data. They seem to have a delay from when you create a deck until they return this new deck to me. To refresh, you'll just need to go back and re-tap "my Quizlet.com sets" every minute (or every few seconds depending on how impatient your are) to see if it's available for download yet. Sorry I can't really "solve" this.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby steve » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:08 am

I'm having the same problem but it's been about an hour now. I originally created the deck as private but then changed it to public. It doesn't show up in Quizlet search either. Any ideas?
steve

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:59 am

Steve,

If it's set to public, it should show up in about 5-10 minutes. If Quizlet's own search doesn't find it, then mine won't either. I really don't know why it wouldn't show up (maybe they have some issue going on now), but you might want to try creating a new public/everyone flashcard set to see if you have more luck with that one. I'll test it later to see how it works for me. Sorry about that.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks Ernie. Great program by the way. I did that about an hour ago and neither is showing up.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:30 pm

It was on their side. It now works. From Quizlet:

Greetings,

Would you mind trying this again? Usually, for issues with apps, we refer users to the specific app's FAQ page because all of our apps are created by third-party developers. However, we've been having a couple of issues with search on the site this morning. We've reset search, so hopefully it should be working now!

Let us know if you have any other questions, comments, or feedback.

Thanks,
Kate
Quizlet Support

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback