Push alerts

Push alerts

Postby wiz » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks Ernie for publishing this brilliant app. Its simplicity but nevertheless gigantic feature set make this hands down the best flashcard app available.
One feature would be nice however and hasn't been implemented as of yet: Push alerts reminding the user about what to study at what time. Using the logic behind what card of what deck to show at what time could certainly be used to remind the user via push alerts that another study session is due. I'm convinced that this would optimise the learning process even further. What do you think?
wiz

Re: Push alerts

Postby norbert » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:14 pm

Well, that would mean for me that I get every second a push alert, since I can't remember when it was the last time that NO cards were due, although I am studying several hours every day.

From a certain amount of cards on there will be always something due.
norbert

Postby Ernie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Hi Wiz,

I'm considering badge updates in the background, but it's not a real high priority for me right now. Alerts is an additional option, I suppose. Someone mentioned that there should be threshold for showing a deck "yellow", or showing an alert. No need to signal a study session when one card due.

As Norbert mentioned, when you get enough cards, alerts would probably be more of an annoyance as cards are always due, so you just get into a routine of studying when you can or on a schedule.

Anyway, this is still on my list of possible updates, but not sure when I'll be ready to tackle it.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby norbert » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Hi Ernie,

that with setting a treshhold below which a deck is not shown yellow was also a suggestion of mine. I don't want to study only 10 cards, below 50 I normally do not start studying.

Thanks

Norbert
norbert

Postby Ernie » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:32 am

Hey Norbert. Ok, I'll see what I can do.
Ernie
Site Admin

new...

Postby Sally.U » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:18 am

i just can say that this is brandnew for me, but thanks...
bye,
sally
Sally.U

Postby norbert » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:18 pm

Ernie,

thanks as usual, but with the display of due cards on the front this is far from important now, really. If I would like to see something is the number of pending/new cards on the front page. The color is not disturbing at all ;-)

Enjoy

Norbert
norbert

Postby m » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:45 pm

background badge updates would be great!
m

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback