Creating flashcards on Iphone

Creating flashcards on Iphone

Postby user123 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:11 am

Hi, I love your app but I think there is one change which would make it much more user-friendly--I'm sure you have already heard this complaint in the past. I think the usability for imputing new cards on the phone is very poor and time consuming. I think you could correct this in many ways. The easiest might be to have the side 1/side 2/side 3 options all on the same page; this would prevent having to keep tapping "save" button and then selecting a new text field. After hitting save, then you could have another option for "new card"; this way I would not keep having to hit "cards," then "+," and so on. The current process if very irritating.

Another (maybe better) option would be having two lists on one screen (designated to the left and right side of the screen; "side a" and "side b"). Here you can input text seamlessly without having to enter any new text menu at all (because it would all be on the same menu). Special input options (audio and visual) could be activated with a "menu" icon next to each column. This overall process would likely cut card creation time in 2/3.

Please consider these options! I would really love to keep this app!
user123

Re: Creating flashcards on Iphone

Postby Ernie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:17 am

I agree that entering directly in the app is not efficient. Yes, this is on my to-do list, but I'm not sure when I'll get to improving this, as there are other things I want to work on first. It's much easier to enter lists on your PC and transfer, so you might consider this approach instead. You offered some good ideas so I'll think about these more when I'm ready to tackle this. Sorry about that.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback