Compatible file formats for pictures, sounds

Compatible file formats for pictures, sounds

Postby dhartson » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:07 pm

I was not able to find any list of what file formats are acceptable to upload for the creation of a deck of flashcards. Obviously .jpg works for pictures, but what about .png for example? Same for audio files. I trust .mp3 is acceptable, but what other file formats will work? When I download something for a set of flashcards, I would like to know if I need to convert the file format before finding out I saved/used an incompatible format.

Thanks
dhartson

Re: Compatible file formats for pictures, sounds

Postby Ernie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:49 am

Valid extensions are...

Pictures: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, tif, tiff
Sounds: mp3, aac, ac3, mp4, m4a, aiff, aifc, caf
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby mitchlund » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:27 pm

Ok I have been looking for this info. not sure if you have it posted anywhere else . would like to suggest including it on your homepage..... not sure if you can do this. I own a PC >:( and use msoffice. i was wondering if there was a way to make this transition easier for us not so computer literate. to where we can include the pictures and sounds in the spreadsheet.
mitchlund

Postby dhartson » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:50 pm

Ernie wrote:Valid extensions are...

Pictures: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, bmp, tif, tiff
Sounds: mp3, aac, ac3, mp4, m4a, aiff, aifc, caf

Thanks for the information. I did not find it anywhere else, so it may be a good idea to at least add it to the information on the FAQ page.

Best wishes for continued success with the app. I find it extremely useful and versatile.
dhartson

Postby stephen » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:27 am

Would it be possible to also support the .aif file extension? When I use Quicktime Player 7 to export a .mov file's audio to AIF it does not have a second 'f' as part of the file extension. I have to manually add it to the file name each time in order for FlashCards to accept it as an import. An example of the file name is sound.aif instead of sound.aiff.
stephen

Postby Ernie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:02 am

Yes, I will add support for .aif in the next update. Thanks for the info, since I should be supporting it.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback