Record audio on Mac

Record audio on Mac

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:13 am

Hello, I want to ask about improving audio recording on Mac. I found the sound quality when recording on the Mac to be low and not up to my needs.

Is there any way to improve?

Re: Record audio on Mac

Postby Ernie » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:46 pm

Hi,
Sorry for the slow response.

I just tried it now and I agree, there seems to be issues with recording behavior and sound quality on Mac. I don't really have time to flush out this problem. The Mac app is basically just the iOS app, which Apple has provided support for running on the Mac with very little changes on my end. I have no idea why the recording part of the app doesn't work well on a Mac.

If you use iOS, perhaps you can try recording on an iOS device to see if the results are more acceptable. You should be able to transfer easily between Mac and iOS using either Sync or standard import (add) / export capabilities.

Finally, you can record your clips on a Mac with some other software and add to the flashcards in a roundabout way. The app (unfortunately) doesn't allow you to add external mp3 sound clips to your flashcards from within the app. To use custom sound files, you'd need to create your text in a spreadsheet, add a column to store the audio file name, and then transfer the spreadsheet and audio files all together into the app. Figuring this out the first time can take some time. If you are interested in this and need help, let me know.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback