Thanks for everything!

Thanks for everything!

Postby ticklishwizard » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:44 am

Hey Ernie,

I've been using your app since around 2010. Thank you so much for providing support for this app across... well literally everything except for my Commodore 64 so please get on that. :) I started using it on an iPod Touch back in 2010, then an iPhone in 2014, and around 2016 I switched to Android and thanks to crossplatform support + Dropbox, I was easily able to seamlessly sync my history / progress (aka you have 1000 cards left to study lol get back to work you SLACKER).

Your SRS implementation is super solid and I really like the ease of adding different TTS voices depending on the card column. A few days ago I realized you'd ported it to run on MacOS so I'm about to give that a shot as well!

As someone who started out as a software engineer and later found themselves living for years in Taiwan studying Chinese, I know it can't have been easy to continually maintain an app for over a decade!!

- Shaun
ticklishwizard

Re: Thanks for everything!

Postby Ernie » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:02 pm

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your kind note! I'm really happy to hear that you like that app and have been putting it to good use for so many years.

MacOS - not really a port. Apple made it pretty easy to allow the iPad version (iOS version) to run on Mac. It's not optimized for MacOS and there may be a few quirks, but it should work OK.

The app has gotten a bit out of control over all these years. I actually started a "version 2" from scratch, because I wanted to make some big changes but the current version is too big to mess with too much. Not sure if I'll ever get a version 2 released, but I hope so. The original version would still stay maintained in such a case.

Thanks again for your message. I wish you luck,
Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback