Left or centred?

Left or centred?

Postby CDP » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi

Great app - use this loads.

Quick questions...

- How do I select whether the text displays to the left or centred? It seems a little random. Can I not control this?
- Any chance of an easy-to-use bold/underline/italics and bulleting/numbering?
- I'm still getting the copy and paste bug, described elsewhere. Any chance that will be fixed soon as I use it a lot?

Erm, I think that's it but I'm sure I was going to ask something else.

Many thanks, in advance.

Chris
CDP

Re: Left or centred?

Postby Ernie » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:30 pm

The app will center text when about 6 lines or less, and left-justify with more lines. To force one or the other, from the study screen, tap the gear in top-right to view Deck Options, then Font Alignment, Text Align.

Formatting requires html tags as of now. For example: <b>This is bold</b>. I don't see any change in this in the near future. Same with bulleting/numbering, but I don't recommend this as it's a bit tedious to code up and the font may be too small when done.

As for copy-paste bug... if you are exiting the app in landscape from the study screen, try to avoid that. This may avoid the problem. As for a fix, I don't know when this will happen as it's a very odd problem... maybe an iOS bug.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby CDP » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks for the answers - I'll give that a try!
I still think a way of making the formatting of text easier for users would be widely appreciated (eg select a word and press a 'bold' icon), but I'm happy to make do with this for now :)

Keep up the good work!

C
CDP

Postby BN » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 pm

I can't seem to find the Font Alignment option. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S21. The gear is in the top left-hand corner, and there is no Deck Options option. Could you please advise how to proceed? Apologies if I've missed how to do it!

Thanks,

Bryony

Ernie wrote:The app will center text when about 6 lines or less, and left-justify with more lines. To force one or the other, from the study screen, tap the gear in top-right to view Deck Options, then Font Alignment, Text Align.

Formatting requires html tags as of now. For example: <b>This is bold</b>. I don't see any change in this in the near future. Same with bulleting/numbering, but I don't recommend this as it's a bit tedious to code up and the font may be too small when done.

As for copy-paste bug... if you are exiting the app in landscape from the study screen, try to avoid that. This may avoid the problem. As for a fix, I don't know when this will happen as it's a very odd problem... maybe an iOS bug.
BN

Postby Ernie » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Hi Bryony,

I'm really sorry for the slow response. There are two gear icons
1) at top-LEFT of Deck Listing screen. This will bring you to Global Options
2) at top-RIGHT of study screen. This will bring you to Deck Options. This is what you want. In the study screen (where you flip the cards), do you see a gear icon at top-right? If not, tap at top-center of screen to toggle visibility of top icons. In Deck Options you should find "Font / Alignment"

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback