Issue with text

Issue with text

Postby Subby » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi I just started using flash cards deluxe and after making about 7 cards I wanted to test them out. When I did this I noticed that on the first card I made I couldn't read all the text I had inputted originally on the card. The text was still saved when I went to edit the card however. Also, several other cards didn't display the text as I had formatted it when creating the card.

I think part of the problem is that I went all the way with the text from left to right on the flash card text input field.

I'm wondering if there's an easy way to fix this as I don't like the prospect of making cards and then having to go back and re-edit them. There's a fair amount of information I need to put on each card so being able to use all the space provided when creating a card and having it display when I actually use the cards would be ideal.

Thanks.
Subby

Re: Issue with text

Postby Ernie » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:04 pm

I'm not 100% clear on your problem, but...
1) Very long words won't wrap and may go off the right side of the screen. You'll need to use a space or dash to break up a very long word.
2) A lot of text may go off the bottom of the screen. In this case, you'll a green down arrow at the bottom. To view all the text, touch and hold the text (near the center of the screen) and you'll enter a "zoom/scroll" mode where you can scroll your text up/down. If most of your cards have a lot of text like this, you can change the app so that swipe up/down is not used for strong/wrong, but for scrolling text up/down instead. See Global Options > Control > Easy Scroll.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Subby » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I think that was part of the problem, the words were too long. I'm using a bunch of consecutive dots to break up items.

I.e. Item 1........................................action 1

Is there a way to use a smaller font on the flash cards? I think that could help with my formatting issues.
Subby

Postby Ernie » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:00 pm

There is a font size setting. From the study screen, tap the top-right gear to view Deck Options > Font / Alignment > Font Size.
"Small" should help, but my not be small enough for your taste.

If you want a smaller font, you can use the "Card Layout" settings to set font to a constant size, say 20, but Card Layout settings are a bit complicated.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback