Editing Picture file name On APP.

Editing Picture file name On APP.

Postby turgutbekil » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:20 am

Hi Ernie / Katja ;

I am using 1 master media deck consisting 9k photos (lets say = Master Media Deck) ,
and for all others I dont keep a media deck separately but instead I just define this master media deck to all other decks as "media deck".
this significantly improved my app performance because reduced the media amount I keep. all other decks are just text.

but when attach a media to a word (whichevet I go with = attach from my phone or search google feature within the app) - app doesnt show the picture file text nor allows to edit it. Hence I can not make a connection between a card with a picture in my master media deck and with another card şin a deck that I have created for example manually.

Exaple :
lETS say I have this card in media deck (deck m) :

text 1 , text 2 , picture 1 ,
angry , feeling or showing strong annoyance, displeasure, or hostility , angryman.jpg --- and this card has an attached media with a visual which shows and angry man.

Then I have another deck(x)
I add a new card to deck(x) -- on the app (not without excel). the card is like this=

text 1(x) , text 2(x) , picture 1(x) ,
exasperated, intensely irritated and frustrated, .....blank............

Now I know that there is a card in media deck with a visual of an angryman (text 1=angry) and its visual is = angryman.jpg which I can use for "exasperated,"
as well. even if deck(x) is tied to master media deck , this visual doesnt come to the word =exasperated , because you can not assign a picture file text nor edit for text 1(x) which is = picture 1(x) ..

ıt would be really helpfull if you have shown picture file names and let us change add remove them cards (not the files extension but just the name)and update related media file accordinglyl.

in this case for exampel if I can write -ON APP- the file name = angryman.jpg on picture 1(x) by my hand manually, then it will automatically recognize the related media decks media.

And of course " angryman.jpg" name should be visiable and on media deck (m) and can be edited , beware thsi doesnt change the media file but just the name of it. but ofcoure if you edit in source folder you need to make an update in all other connected decks (which is accepting media deck as "media deck") there is such a requirement. I mean for example I change the file name from angryman.jpg to angry__man.jpg in source (owning) media deck then picture 1(x) file text should be as angry__man.jpg automatically.

So , update picture file name on source deck affects all other cards related picture file name -
but updateding a picture file name on NON- source deck DOEST NOT affects anything except itself.

Just an idea. Mybe its difficult to apply due to last 2 paragraph.

Ps. currently I am making this on excel on computer, but if I need to change a media file on media deck ON APP - on the go, this is creating an extensive work because the other cards which is connected to this media file gone wrong (since there is no such media file any more in source media deck).

turgut
turgutbekil

Re: Editing Picture file name On APP.

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:17 pm

HI turgut,

Sorry for slow reply.

I'm not sure I want to add such features. Being able to enter a file name for media file is something that I might eventually add, I'm just not convinced yet that it will help very many people. Auto updating "linked" decks after a media name change sounds a little too troublesome to program for benefiting only a few people.

Let me ask you... why not just create a single deck, with a single set of cards, and use that? If you want to to study a subset of cards, you can use categories. What makes you want to create separate decks instead of a single large deck?
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Editing Picture file name On APP.

Postby turgutbekil » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:37 am

Hi Ernie ;

Its because I am using a single universal media deck. Serving too all decks. Please read my answer for = "A Filter Option for Broken Media Linked Cards in List view"

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6806

even if you dont add the features stated above, Please dont remove media deck feature, I benefit from it a lot. :(

turgut
turgutbekil

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback