New Feature Req = "Automatic Read Down in List View"

New Feature Req = "Automatic Read Down in List View"

Postby turgutbekil » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:00 am

Hi Ernie ;

Its been my 5-6 years with this app. I love it you know. I am one of the most active users in thic blog and a poweruser who uses this app its full capaticty.
So I proposed some features before and you applied many of them , thanks for that .

Today another good feature came to my mind. Please consider it, you are the boss :)
I have alotof english words (10s of thousands) so , recap of all these words is really something. So time to time I really need to go "very fast" through the words and catch if there is one I dont remembr, I flag it and I study it. Some words are prone to be gone from memory.

So how I do this = I dont do it in regular mode (like flipping cards to left etc.) its too time consuming. If I had little cards that was Ok but since I have many many (2k in 1 deck) I do this with list view + mode + multiselect and brows very fastly down to list and select the ones that I feel I am not rememebering , then FLAG them. Since I do this in list I have the capacity to review a deck for example 6k words in 1 hour or something (you can not do it by flipping cards to left 1 by 1).

yes there is a browse mode in normal view I know it (and I tried it by accelerating) * but still list view is faster to me .

So how about an automatic brows mode on list view ? When user goes to list view with a button he selects the side to make phone read and when you start it scans each word and reads just 1 side of the word and automatically scrolls down . in this mode if you touch any word its automatically flagged. when you touch a word its flaged and since not to miss it continues to read from the one you selected. if you touch a word that is already flagged it removes flag and continues ready from it. flagged (touched ones) can be highlighted. That would be an awesome killer feature. this feature can be put to under MODE button in list view where user selects side and defines sound feature (and pace) and when he / she starts all other buttons are disabled except automatic flagging and exit this list view browse mode.

How is it sound ?

turgut
Attachments
2023-01-08_17-45-50.png
2023-01-08_17-45-50.png (104.72 KiB) Viewed 6694 times
turgutbekil

Re: New Feature Req = "Automatic Read Down in List View"

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:00 pm

reading this I wonder whether this will be any quicker solution than view list. Any other page will show more text which you need to read to make your decision. Anyhow your request is almost available.
If you create an own layout for showing only one page with the requested details and set time setting to lowest value.
Set Flag in Control Study buttons to on.
Thats it
Katja from Hamburg

Postby turgutbekil » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:40 am

Hi Katja ;

I know the capabilities in the app now. And how to do it at best with card viewing option. But this list view is way faster. Slideing cards is so slow for such kind of fast review.In list view I dont read all of it I just read side 1 (the real word) and immediately flag it if I hesitate about the meaning. :)

turgut
turgutbekil

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:43 am

I am not sure whether I understand correct. You was asking for browsing feature and I wrote that it is available and how to setup. Did you test it? It has automatic view by 0,5 sec and option to flag or unflag.
Katja from Hamburg

Postby turgutbekil » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:54 am

Hi Katja I know it. But still its slow considering list view (even if you reduce the time). in list view its way faster. you just scrol down there is no transition even if 0.5 secs.
so if app could read card side 1 -in list view- fast! (like + 4 , +5 pace) such as I said in my first message it would be awesome (along side with a automatica flag (if you touch the word on list view) feature).

but anyways app is still very good. but did you get me ? do not think about automatic brows mode on card view (I know it) think it in list view and in fast pace.

turgut
turgutbekil

Postby Ernie » Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Hi turgut,

Sorry for not responding sooner.

Mostly I'm concerned that this will be used my for too few people, especially for the work required. This would be a lot of programming to add the ability to play sounds in order in card list view, and telling the app which sides to play (one or both), scrolling, going back and starting to read from a prior card again (if you tap it), etc.

In the study screen, if you turn off card animations, you'll get a very fast browse mode. But I understand that you'll likely need to backup often to flag a card that passed by quickly. (You can add flag button to bottom of study screen.)

It seems you have a system that works in card listing WITHOUT play sounds, right? You can turn on "Multi-select" mode so that taps will select/deselect. You'll need to manually scroll, but it would seem to work OK, and maybe this is what you are currently doing.

Sorry, I don't see this as an addition that would benefit enough people.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby turgutbekil » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am

=) Mostly I'm concerned that this will be used my for too few people --> you are right :) ..

I will go with sideways.

thanks anyways ! Ernie.

thank y for suggestions as well.

best
turgut
turgutbekil

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback