Reordering Cards Question

Reordering Cards Question

Postby stullj » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:45 pm

Is there an easier way to move cards around within a deck?
Choose the “text” option
Choose order by “card order”
Make sure “remember order” and “reverse order” are not checked
Then drag cards around and they will stay where you place them.
However
In a large deck of cards where I have to search (typing in the search/filter field) for the card(s) I want to move, I get stuck.
If I move the card around while in that filter mode, the position of the card reverts back to the original place.
If I clear the filter, I lose the place where the card was located because the view goes back to the top of the deck. (Is there a way to keep that from happening?)
My two work around are:
Insert a string of emojis so that a visual scan through hundreds of cards will make that card stand out.
Or, move the card to another deck and then move it back so that it shows up at the top where I can then move it where I want.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeff
stullj

Re: Reordering Cards Question

Postby Ernie » Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:56 pm

Hi Jeff,

I would 100% move cards around OUTSIDE of the app on a PC/laptop. Is that an option for you?

Export your flashcards:
Swipe left on deck to show gray Edit button, tap Edit
Export / Share
You have some options. Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive are best options if you want to login to one of these. Otherwise, Email is good. If you can read Excel files, export in that format. Include statistics... this way you have a backup and you can also easily add back as a NEW deck and keep your statistics.

On your PC, reorder.

Now you need to send back to the app. You can open Excel file from email and send to Flashcards Deluxe. Or you can upload to orangeorapple.com, assign a deck code, and copy paste to website. Or use Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive. I know it might not be super straightforward to get back to the app, but once you figure it out, I think it's good know how to do.

If you make further changes, you can UPDATE an existing deck instead of adding a new deck (and deleting old deck). I can give you more details if interested.

You using iOS? I don't have any suggestion on how to do it within the app with so many cards, other than just... don't. :(
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback