Glitch when typing wrong answer in “spelling” mode

Glitch when typing wrong answer in “spelling” mode

Postby Jackens » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:17 am

First of all - I absolutely love this app, it helped me so much!

But there’s one funny glitch I observed - I am using flashcards on IOS (latest update) to learn Greek, using the spelling mode. Very often after typing a wrong answer in Greek (the glitch doesn’t occur if I type in English), when I erase it tapping on the back key, it automatically types one letter (always the same one).

Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Cheers,

J.
Jackens

Re: Glitch when typing wrong answer in “spelling” mode

Postby Ernie » Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:57 am

Hi,

I'm glad you like the app. Thanks!

I have no idea what is going on. I was just trying to duplicate it on a greek flashcard, but could not have a little playing with it. I haven't seen this before.
Instead of tapping the back key, try tapping the Enter key and see if that works any differently.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Jackens » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:00 am

I have to correct myself, this glitch only happens when I try to immediately type the word again, without first hitting backspace or enter (if I do that, there's no problem). Also, it doesn't happen every single time.

I used my other IOS device and I was able to replicate this problem: I created a flashcard with the word νιπτήρας (bathroom sink), then if I type in Greek with a mistake, the app shows me the correct spelling (with mistakes in red) and when I try to type the answer again (without hitting backspace or enter), the letter σ sometimes appears at the beginning of what I am typing, even though I did not type it.

In general it's not such a big problem, so no worries, I can live with that, it's just that sometimes when I don't pay attention and don't remove this σ at the beginning, it of course doesn't accept my answer as correct and then I get to repeat this particular flashcard more often even though I don't need to ;)
Jackens

Postby Ernie » Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:01 pm

Ah, I was able to duplicate the problem. This is problem with my coding. I think I just fixed this. The next update should come out within a couple weeks and this should be fixed. Thanks for letting me know.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Jackens » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:21 am

That's amazing, thank you so much!!!
Jackens

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback