Record Audio: Pause function

Record Audio: Pause function

Postby jandu » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 am

Hi Ernie,
Did you ever think about a pause button to continue recording (like in the orig dictaphone app)?
jandu

Re: Record Audio: Pause function

Postby Ernie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:59 am

I don't think this would be very useful for the vast majority of people, and would add an extra unnecessary button to the recording screen.

Why do you want it... do you record very long passages that require a pause?
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby jandu » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:34 am

I use it for songs when I'm playing piano and arranging music. But it's not a big thing. 5 audio recording per card are fine. Just wanted to know if someone else asked for. What about importing recordings from the orig microphone app as you did with pictures?

One bug on my 3GS iphone: in edit mode I play a sound file and during that I want to record another one (in the next soundfield). Then it quits the application and all edits of this card are lost. The thing is: it makes no sense to record while one sound file keeps playing as it's bounced to the new file thru the speaker. I found that bug only cause I looked for a quick way in edit mode to stop a sound file from playing.

What's your idea to stop audio from playing in edit mode? (I know that you planned your sound function for rather short files. Sorry-)
jandu

Postby Ernie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:50 pm

It doesn't seem like importing from Apple's Voice Memos app is possible. Are you aware that you can transfer sounds from your PC to the app by creating new flashcard text definitions and importing/appending? This doesn't help if you want to attach sounds to existing cards, and it might be a little cumbersome. This is the only thing I can think of to use non-in-app-recorded sounds.

Bug: I'll plan on updating my app to stop the sound when starting a new recording. For now, I think you'd need to go back to the previous screen to stop the sound, rather than try to go "forward"/deeper.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Ernie » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:52 pm

Btw, I did have one or two other people request a pause button some time back. Maybe it would make sense that the stop bottom in the study screen is actually a pause button. I'll make a note of it for a possible future update.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby jandu » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:08 am

pause would be nice. thx.
jandu

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback