Export of shared deck - other user cannot access

Export of shared deck - other user cannot access

Postby altiplano1066 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 pm

I uploaded about 30 decks to a private shared library on the app server in order to share the decks with my language teacher. I created a group name for the decks and made the decks non-public.

My teacher informed me she cannot access the group (although she found the group by searching) because it asks her for a group code and/or password.

I do not recall ever creating a group code or password. Ugh!

Now that I've spent a lot of time uploading these decks is there a way my teacher can access these without me starting all over again? Or is the group code or password listed somewhere in the app?

Many thanks for any help!
altiplano1066

Re: Export of shared deck - other user cannot access

Postby Ernie » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Hi,

Private library decks should be able to be accessed if they are included in a Group, and the other user has joined the group.

Let's take a look at your groups:
To get to this area, swipe left on a deck, tap "Edit", Export/Share, Shared Library, My Groups. Tap a group.
Do you see a "Password" filled out (it will show ****) for password if set. The is in the "Edit Group" screen. (Going into the password update screen will always show blank, as I don't know your password.)
If you don't see "****" for Password then there should not be a password. If you see a password and want to clear it, turn on "Clear Password", then "Save Changes"

I didn't think the app allows you to "search" a group anymore. You type the full group name or "alternate name" in the Group field when joining a group. Password should be left blank if group has no password.

Having said all this, I wonder if she has an old version of the app. Searching and "Group Code" sounds like terms from an old version. I would first make sure she's using a recent version of the app. This may be the problem.
If she does have an older version, I don't know off the top of my head if it just doesn't work anymore with my new library code.

If you still need help with this, I recommend you email me with the Group name and I can look into it more.

Ernie
et@orangeorapple.com
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Export of shared deck - other user cannot access

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:01 pm

There is no password is set for the group so I'll confirm she is using a recent version of the app. Thanks for the terrific support!!

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback