Trouble with spelling in both directions with multiples

Trouble with spelling in both directions with multiples

Postby TheNCGoalie » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:12 pm

I’m trying to do what was asked about here but I’m having trouble. Just as a simple example, I try:

Text 1: the car
Text 2: der Auto; die Wagen

I turn on multiple correct answers for both T1 -> T2 and T2 -> T1. When I get “the car” as the prompt, it will accept either answer. When going the opposite direction, the prompt is “der Auto; die Wagen”. Is this just the way it works, or is there a way for it to prompt me with der Auto and die Wagen separately with both prompts having the car as a correct answer?
TheNCGoalie

Re: Trouble with spelling in both directions with multiples

Postby Ernie » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:11 pm

The app doesn't have a feature to create multiple questions from a single card like this.

The only option I can think of, if you really wanted this, is to create two EXTRA cards for that other direction.
You'd then want to assign category to each card, for example:
E->G only
G->E only
Both

I would then turn on "Advanced Layout" and in each of the two default layouts, set your "cards to study" to filter on desired categories.
The "both" category assignment might be optional, but the app might work a little more smoothly if you explicitly assigned your both-direction cards to "Both".

Sorry, I don't have a better way.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with spelling in both directions with multiples

Postby Katja from Hamburg » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:35 pm

One short sidenote from a German... and yes I know that this part of our language is horrible. We tend to say «you need to get it with the mothermilk».
Singular it must be «das Auto» or «der Wagen»
while plural is «die Autos» resp. «die Wagen»
Katja from Hamburg

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback