Mute sound options for an automatic play

Mute sound options for an automatic play

Postby West » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:08 am

Hi Ernie,
For the first, I really appreciate the great study App, FCD (Flashcards Deluxe).

I have a simple request for my study.
Cloud you add some mute sound options for an automatic play with TTS?

As you know, I should select one between 'delay for slides' or 'delay after play(sec or %)' for an automatic play.
I need an automatic play without sound, even though it has TTS data, using the card layout menu, if it is possible.

The layout has six options for sound in the current FCD: none, sound 1, sound 2, sound 3, sound 4, and sound 5.

If there are 11 options for sound (none, sound 1, sound 2, sound 3, sound 4, and sound 5, mute 1, mute 2, mute 4, mute 6, and mute 8), I can select mute 2 for 2 sec break for my automatic play. For example 'T1, T2, M2', it will show two text information during 2 sec in an automatic play without sound.

Thanks again for the great App FCD.

Best Regards,
West

P.S. Sync functions are very amazing for the muti-device users.
West

Re: Mute sound options for an automatic play

Postby Ernie » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi West,

Oh, thanks for appreciating the sync. It was so difficult to program, so it's nice to hear that it's working ok.

I don't understand what behavior you want.

For example 'T1, T2, M2', it will show two text information during 2 sec in an automatic play without sound.

I don't understand how this is different than setting sound to "none" and setting "side 1 delay" to 2 seconds.
How is any existing TTS sounds/settings relevant when it seems you want to ignore the sound.
There is a "volume" setting which you can set to "0" if you want TTS sounds "played" but not heard.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback