drawing area double tap

drawing area double tap

Postby shiawase » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 am

Hi,

I use the drawing area quite a lot to make sure I'm actually remembering kanji properly. It's very useful.
What I do find however is , it isn't very responsive to double taps to erase. ( iPodTouch 3 gen, iOS4.2.1, FCD2.7.1) I've tried many variations of speed etc. and it can be very hit and miss.
I wonder if you could consider an erase icon as well. Maybe user configurable to minimise on screen clutter
or is a Newton-like up-down-up-down-up-down erase gesture available?
or an erase tool, to rub out only the mistake, if you are expanding the capabilities of the drawing area?

Thanks
shiawase

Re: drawing area double tap

Postby Ernie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:08 pm

What I recommend is to slow it down a bit... it doesn't have to be fast; just try to hit about the same spot which is easier if you slow it down I think.

I think the problem may be that the 2nd tap has to be pretty close to the first tap, and often times a person is not that close. I probably should loosen this distance a bit.

As for as an erase icon and eraser tool, these are on my list of possible updates, but won't tackle this this anytime real soon. I'll probably just loosen the distance allowed as described above for now.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback