keep all images on dropbox?

keep all images on dropbox?

Postby manjade » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 am

I am currently working on a spreadsheet of flashcards with an image on side 1 and the L2 word on side 2
The images are in the media folder and this all works fine.
My question is: when I add a new word to my spreadsheet (with the new image from the media folder) and update the deck in FCD, does it re-upload all the images? and thus do I have to keep all the images on dropbox all the time? Or can I delete the previously uploaded images?
Thanks
manjade

Re: keep all images on dropbox?

Postby Ernie » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:14 am

I think it's OK to remove the images from Dropbox once they've been downloaded as part of a deck.

The app will compare media files in Dropbox and in the app using file size. If file size changes, then the media file will be downloaded again, even if it already exists on the device (older version).

I assume that the app won't care if you remove media files from Dropbox, but I suggest you try it out by moving the media files to another directory (or renaming your Media directory before adding new files) to see how it goes.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: keep all images on dropbox?

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:36 am

I think it's OK to remove the images from Dropbox once they've been downloaded as part of a deck.

The app will compare media files in Dropbox and in the app using file size. If file size changes, then the media file will be downloaded again, even if it already exists on the device (older version).

I assume that the app won't care if you remove media files from Dropbox, but I suggest you try it out by moving the media files to another directory (or renaming your Media directory before adding new files) to see how it goes.

I can confirm that!!
the app just updates all the pictures as soon as you turning it on again

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback