Side order preference in Combination Decks

Side order preference in Combination Decks

Postby jdenormandie » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:58 pm

I accidentally entered the content for one of my decks in the wrong order, which I was able to fix by having side 2 show first. However, the Combination Deck does not respect the side order preferences for individual decks. My combination deck has at the moment 7 different decks, and all but one I want to show side 1, and just the goof up to show side 2. It looks like there is only a global setting for the Combo Deck, so I cannot specify that the cards from this one deck start on side 2.

Is there a way to copy all the side 1 content and paste it as side 2 content for this one deck so that I no longer need to fuss with the side order? Or is there another work around? The deck is on Dropbox as a text file. If I edit it there, will the statistics be reset?

Best,
Justin
jdenormandie

Re: Side order preference in Combination Decks

Postby Ernie » Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:37 am

Hi Justin,

The app doesn't have a way to swap sides like that.
Can you view/edit Excel files?
Export your deck to Dropbox as Excel format, and INCLUDE statistics.
Swap your info in Excel
Add back as a NEW deck. Because your Excel file includes statistics, these should get restored.
Delete your old deck.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:17 am

Thanks. Some how when I exported the deck the statistics are reset in the original and in the new deck. Although the file I exported has statistics such as "2,0,2,2,2,1,65,2021-01-01 12:34,2021-01-04 05:34" for each card. But both the old deck and the new deck start with all new cards.

Best!!
Justin

Postby Ernie » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:04 pm

I don't know why the statistics would be reset. Sorry for the trouble. I tried a test just now with Dropbox and it imported statistics on a new deck. If you want, you can email me your exported Excel file (with statistics) and I can try adding as a new deck on my end.

Ernie
et@orangeorapple.com
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby jdenormandie » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:50 am

I just had to do the same procedure with another deck and all went well. I must have messed something up with the earlier deck.

Best!!
Justin
jdenormandie

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback