Going back to cards from extra info page

Going back to cards from extra info page

Postby Meng » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:55 pm

When viewing the extra info, the close button ("X") sits on the top left corner, it would be great to have an option to move it to the bottom of the screen e.g. bottom right. This would make jumping back to the card easier: one could configure the show extra info button on the bottom right corner and simply tap again to go back, as it stands today, one needs to reach to the far side of the screen to go back.

Alternatively, it would be super convenient to have a gesture shortcut to go back to the cards (e.g. double tap).

Thanks!!
Meng

Re: Going back to cards from extra info page

Postby Ernie » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:18 am

Hi Meng,

Sorry for the slow response. I agree that the long reach can be inconvenient is some cases. Putting a close/back button at bottom of screen would seem to have a greater chance of getting in the way when web pages are shown. I'm not sure how a gesture might interfere with normal interaction with screen (e.g. web page might have tap-able links) and people won't know what the gestures are. A close button at top is standard.

I get your point. I have a lot going on right now, and I don't see an obvious solution that I'm excited about right now, so all I can do is put it on my list of things to consider. I appreciate the input. I do need to do some work to make the flow a little better in certain parts of the app, like this one.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback