Statistics disappeared

Statistics disappeared

Postby shpecker » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:11 pm

I've been using the app for a long time to study French using two statistics sets for a side-A first and a side-B first decks.

I don't know what I've done wrong, but for new cards I add now, they appear on both decks, but I have only a single statistic set and I can't see the option to add another set (see screenshot below). Older cards of the same decks still show both sets and work fine.

How can I fix this?

Thanks!
Attachments
deck_options_screenshot.jpeg
deck_options_screenshot.jpeg (60.66 KiB) Viewed 5944 times
shpecker

Re: Statistics disappeared

Postby Ernie » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:51 am

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Do you have one or two decks? Or one deck and a combination deck?

What I would do is have a single deck, turn on advanced layout, and you'd have one direction using stat set #1, and one direction using #2.

Your screenshot shows a deck with Side 2 first. In the Show Side First screen, I assume you have stat set #2 selected. All cards in this deck then should be using stat set #2.

I don't understand why "old" cards appear in both decks, but new cards only in one deck?
Again, do you have two separate decks, or is one a combination deck?
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby shpecker » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:25 pm

Thanks Ernie! I'll try to be more clear.

I indeed have a normal deck, A, showing side 1 first, and a combination deck, B, showing side 2 first(*). Deck A is set to use statistics set 1 and B to use statistics set 2 (see screenshots with Deck Options, Deck Show Side First).

Deck Options.jpg
Deck A (left) B (right) options
Deck Options.jpg (57.74 KiB) Viewed 5912 times

Deck Show Side First.jpg
Deck A (left) B (right) Show Side First
Deck Show Side First.jpg (27.83 KiB) Viewed 5912 times

I hope this clears up your confusion about new cards appearing in two decks or one deck. As I have a single deck and a combination deck, like you guessed, every card I add to the deck A appears in the combination deck B, as expected. It's just that they no longer use different statistics sets.

Old cards, that were created before this issue showed up show both statistics sets (see Card OLD in screenshot), while new cards show only a single statistics set (see Card NEW in screenshot). When I learn a new card and it becomes active on one deck, it immediately becomes active on the other, as if both were set to use statistics set 1. All the cards I add now behave like that and I can no longer enjoy a different learning rate for the side-1-first and side-2-first decks :
Old_New_Cards.jpg
Old (left) and New (right) cards
Old_New_Cards.jpg (38.86 KiB) Viewed 5912 times

(*) To be more precise, this is my entire list of decks, but I don't think this changes anything. I'm having this issue with both combination decks

1) Deck A - Show side first: Side 1, Statistics Set: 1
2) Combination Deck B (Decks to include: Deck A) - Show side first: Side 2, Statistics Set: 2
3) Deck C - Show side first: Random, Statistics Set: 1
4) Deck D - Show side first: Side 1, Statistics Set: 1
5) Combination deck E (Decks to include: Deck D, Deck F) - Show side first: Side 2, Statistics Set: 2
6) Deck F - show side first: Side 1, Statistics Set: 1
shpecker

Postby Ernie » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:53 am

Thanks for the clarity.

I did a test now on Android and created two cards in a new deck. Turn on spaced repetition. I created a combo deck and set to spaced repetition, show side first = side 2, stat set = 2.
I tried each deck and after making the cards active, the other deck still showed them as pending.

Are you sure they becoming active on both sides? I think it might just be a presentation issue in the card detail screen. If the card on the statistics #2 set hasn't been answered at all yet, it won't show 2nd set of statistic information in the card edit screen yet. Once you start working Side 2 and answer the card one time, the split should then show in the card detail screen.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby shpecker » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:47 am

Thanks!

So apparently it was all just a presentation bug... the only reason I've noticed this to begin with, was that I wanted to add a card to deck A and exclude it from deck B. I did that *before* ever reviewing the card on deck B (after all, the entire idea was not to ever see it there) so I saw only one "statistics set" field and it all went downhill from there...

Being aware of this issue, I can go back to happily using Flashcard Deluxe for fun learning! I just need to answer a card once before I can exclude it.
shpecker

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback