Suggesting new translate function

Suggesting new translate function

Postby khanguyenwk » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:12 pm

Hello Ernie,
Thank you so much for your awesome app, and your excellent support. I use FCD everyday to learn language, currently on Chinese and start to learn Korean.
I use the translate function to automatically translate some common Korean/Chinese sentences to learn its meaning in English and the TTS to help me with the listening/speaking.

But to learn some new languages which use logograms like Chinese/Korean, I have to use Google translate to check for the pinyin/ the pronunciation of the words/sentences, then copy it and add to the card. Is there any way that we can add this into the card via the Define/Translation function?
It would be very convenient, I hope you will consider adding it into the new updates
Thank you so much Ernie
Attachments
2020-10-03 09_03_07-Google Translate.png
2020-10-03 09_03_07-Google Translate.png (18.01 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
2020-10-03 09_03_01-Google Translate.png
2020-10-03 09_03_01-Google Translate.png (18.17 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
khanguyenwk

Re: Suggesting new translate function

Postby Ernie » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi khanguyenwk,

I just looked into this and it seems that the Google Translate API is use does not support returning the pinyin / pronunciation of Chinese or Korean. I know it's available in the normal website, but this is different than what Google offers as a translation tool to us developers. Sorry, I don't know how to do this at this time.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby taeril » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:05 am

I was looking for same function in Google sheets, while there's function to translate from one language to another, I wasn't able to figure out how to get Pinyin out...

So I come up with idea to import sentences as flashcards into Pleco, sentences instead of vocabulary, as Pleco will add Pinyin to vocabulary when imported I was hoping same would happen to sentences and I did that as far as I can remember, but I forgot if this was working or not...
taeril

Postby It's me again » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:01 pm

Until you find some better solution you could help your self with Pleco button, once in Pleco you then copy Pinyin with numbers or other fields or all of them!!
It's me again

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback