App crashes just before finishing upload to shared library

App crashes just before finishing upload to shared library

Postby grayshark71 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Hey Ernie,

First of all I'd like to say that your app is fantastic. I've been using it to teach NOAA marine biologists the many species of fish they are likely to encounter on surveys to various regions around the Pacific Ocean. We need to memorize a few hundred species in each region and this app has been a breakthrough teaching resource.

I'm frequently updating the decks with new photos and new fish species. This most recent time I've had a persistent problem where the app will crash just as the deck is almost fully uploaded (typically around 20 of 800 photos left to go). The screen goes black for a split second and then the app closes. Any ideas on why this might happen or how to resolve it?

Thanks!
Andrew
grayshark71

Re: App crashes just before finishing upload to shared libra

Postby Ernie » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32 am

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure. You might try restarting your device and trying again.

I'm currently working on some new media upload code for the shared library. In the new version, media should be uploaded more quickly, and media already on my server won't need to be uploaded again. I hope to get this released in a couple weeks.

If the device restart doesn't help, I think you'll just need to wait for the new version. Sorry for the trouble. I hope the new version will be nice improvement in this regard.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback