Playing audio with screen off?

Playing audio with screen off?

Postby jimbobway » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Hi there. I love the app. I've been using it for several years now off and on. I'm currently using it to learn Korean vocab. I frequently download the audio of English and Korean and then put it on slideshow mode with the word and definitions auto playing. It works great for when I can't look at the screen.

But, I have to leave the screen on for it to play. Any chance of getting it to play when I turn the screen off?

Thanks for the great app!
jimbobway

Re: Playing audio with screen off?

Postby Ernie » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:07 pm

Hi Thanks.

I don't know how to keep the app going with the screen off. Both iOS and Android will shut down the app. This feature won't likely happen anytime soon. Sorry.

If you are concerned about accidental taps, in browse mode, you can tap bottom-center button then "lock screen" before starting slideshow to help prevent unwanted taps. If the phone is in your pocket, face the screen outward, away from body.

If you are concerned about battery usage, this is something on my todo list... to provide ability to dim screen and turn off animations during slideshow to save battery.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby mt20 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:28 am

hi Ernie,

I was wondering if you can reimplement dark mode to ios. It was working great until it was broken after an update. I use inbuilt dictionary a lot on ios devices and white background when i look for a word hurts my eyes especially during night. thanks

?
mt20

Postby Ernie » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:14 am

I think I can get this fixed for the next update.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby mt29 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:31 am

Thanks Ernie

?
mt29

Postby Ernie » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:32 pm

It should be fixed now with this week's new update. If not, let me know
Ernie
Site Admin