How do I use this translate feature?

How do I use this translate feature?

Postby Leora » Sun May 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Hello,

I just got this app and it’s great! I found a translate feature at the bottom of the card editing screen. I had English words in the text 1 for the card and selected Hebrew for translation on text 1 in the translate/define panel. But the feature doesn’t seem to do anything as no translation was provided and my card was unchanged and is still in English. How do I use this feature?

I saw the notice that said it only works for English. Not sure if that means it only translates into english or only translates from English. Being that I am not seeing any results I’ll just assume it means only into English unless someone gets back to me.

Thanks for a great app and I’m looking forward to any new translation features that you might be working on.
Leora

Re: How do I use this translate feature?

Postby Ernie » Tue May 26, 2020 7:07 am

Hi. The dictionary only works for English, but translate should work for any two languages.

The app assumes you have one side that's filled in, and another side that is blank (at least for one or more cards).

Say you have English filled out in Text 1, and are missing some Hebrew in Text 2. You can then have the app fill in Text 2 with a translation of Text 1. In this case, tap "Text 2" and change to "Translate Text 1". Then in the Language section that shows up, set Text 1 to English and Text 2 to Hebrew. You can then tap "Translate All Missing Text" to fill in Text 2 for cards that missing Text 2 (with a translation from Text 1).
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback