Clipboard

Clipboard

Postby MrPugh » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:23 am

Hi!

I am experimenting with using images instead of text to display one side of my flashcards - since I want to have a special text layout (in columns from right to left).

The problem is, that when using only an image, I can't use the copy-to-clipboard function - since there is no text to copy.

Is there a way to show an image and have some hidden text that is copied to the clipboard?

Thanks!
MrPugh

Re: Clipboard

Postby Ernie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:27 am

How about setting the font color to the same as the background in order to "hide" the text? Go to Deck Options > Font / Alignment > Text Colors.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby MrPugh » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi Ernie!

Thanks for your suggestion; I tried that - but I run into problems:
If I set the font for side one to black, first everything seems to be fine; on side one the picture is shown, the text is hidden by being black and still the text is copied to the clipboard.
But when I switch to "Show Side First: Side 2", the text on the back side of the card - which is shown first now - is black; the text is visible on the back of the card together with the picture!

So - the font setting actually refers to the order of the cards as seen?

On combination decks I run into even more trouble - since the "Font/Alignment" setting is not available, I would have to set the font on all decks of the combination deck each by each...

Any suggestions?

In my opinion the "Font/Alignment" setting should be bound to the order of the card sides as in the file, not as seen...

Thank you!
MrPugh

Postby Ernie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:03 am

A user just notified me of this problem today. The font and alignment work as I think you'd expect. The color though is applied to side 1 = front, side 2 = back instead of what we probably want side 1= text 1 and side 2 = text 2.

This might solve all your problems. I'll get this fixed for the next update.

I'm not coming up with another solution with the way things work now.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:25 am

Ok, that is fine for me.

Thanks for your effort!

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback