App only partially syncs

App only partially syncs

Postby DaffyBurke » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:16 pm

I primarily use the flashcards app on my iphone, though i find it easier to create cards on my ipad.
However, since switching to the quicker app synce, i find that only about half the cards in any particular deck are synced to my ipad.
For Example, i have a “Biology” deck on my phone with 88 cards, but after syncing to ipad, only 47 cards show up there, and they aren’t in the same order either...

In this scenario, i have no confidence at all in the ipad version, which renders it pretty useless.

Up until this recent bug, i have otherwise quite enjoyed the app

– Daffy
DaffyBurke

Re: App only partially syncs

Postby Ernie » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:26 pm

Hi Daffy. I"m sorry for the slow response.

I don't know what might be going on in your case, and don't know how to fix this yet. I'm sorry for the trouble.

What I would do is delete the sync'd deck on the server and try again.
On the iPad, delete the deck.

On your phone, go to Global Options, Sync, Delete. You'll see a "Decks in cloud" section. Find the deck, turn on, and tap "delete selected decks (in cloud)". This won't delete the deck on your phone. After that, go to Decks to Sync, make sure deck is turned on, then tap "Sync Now" or just close and reopen the app to start the sync.

Then go to the iPad and turn on the sync. You should get the full deck on the ipad. Do you? If so, I suppose the next question is whether it continues to sync properly in the future.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback