Include "side 3" in "show side first" random mode

Include "side 3" in "show side first" random mode

Postby julian » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:28 am

Hello,

One thing that I would really like is the ability to include the "side 3" (at least for me, maybe other would find more sides convenient) in the "show side first" random mode. Maybe a checkbox to selects the sides to include in that mode for instance.

I'm learning mandarin, and what I need is to study the English translation, the Chinese character but also the pinyin version as the tone is quite import. I did read the FAQ and saw viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2#p5, but that solution would imply that I regularly change the cards layout which isn't that convenient. I believe that not knowing which side I'd like to see next wouldn't be an issue, as this is a random mode anyway.

Thoughts?
julian

Re: Include "side 3" in "show side first" random mode

Postby Ernie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:16 am

Hi,

I don't have any plans right now to include side 3 first for random "show side first".

What I would do is turn on "Advanced Layout" in Deck Options.
By default you'll get "1->2" and "2->1" directions.
Add a new layout for side 3 first. Tap Edit Layouts, + (add), name it (e.g. "Side 3 first")

Back in Deck Options, make sure all 3 layouts are checked (activated) along the right

Tap over "Side 3 first" (left side). You need to make 2 setting changes:
1) Statistic sets: change to "3". Each direction needs to have it's own set of statistics. This is different that you are used to, as before both directions were sharing the same statistic information
2) Show side 3 first in Card Layout: tap Card Layout, Side 1, change Text 1, Picture 1, Sound 1 to the "Text 3", etc.
By default side 2 will show Text 2 and side 3 will show Text 3. You can change Text 3 to Text 1 in Side 3, or you might want to change everything to two sided cards,, so side 2 show Text 1+Text 2 + Text 3

Let me know if this doesn't seem to solve your problem.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Include "side 3" in "show side first" random mode

Postby julian » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:34 am

Brilliant, that's exactly what I was looking for (including the per (word, side) statistics)!

Thanks a lot you made my day :)
julian

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback