Statistic Sets

Statistic Sets

Postby Lucas » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:05 am

Dear Ernie,

the app flashcards deluxe (which is really great 8-)) offers 5 possible sides each flashcards, but only 4 statistic sets.

To my mind, for 5 card sides, 5 statistic sets would be suitable, because in my case, using five card sides in spaced repetition mode, there is no statstic set left for the fifth layout, which means I have to "link" this layout to one of the other four statistic sets.

This is a disadvantage because e.g. learning direction 1 is quite easy, learning direction 2 is much more difficult, but I have to link both of them to the same statistic set, which means: When the app asks me a question in learning direction 1, I know the answer well, next time the app asks me the same card in learning direction 2, I don't know the answer ect. So the time value the app calculates for this card is not valid at all.

Would it be possible to offer a statistic set for each possible card side – which means to offer afifth one? Or do I have an error in reasoning here?

Best, Lucas
Lucas

Re: Statistic Sets

Postby Ernie » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:37 am

Hi Lucas,

Thanks!

I likely won't ever add more than 4 sets of statistics. Because of the way I programmed the app (speed over flexibility), adding more would be really troublesome. I think very few people would need more than 4.

No error in reasoning from you, but it's just the way I choose to program it way back when, and it's hard to change now. Sorry about that.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Statistic Sets

Postby Lucas » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:59 am

Dear Ernie,

all right, understand. Thanks for your answer!

Best,
Lucas

!!
Lucas

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback