Download Deck from Google Docs

Download Deck from Google Docs

Postby yogie-son » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:42 am

Hi,

I just installed this app and I playing a little bit with it. I like it very much.

I create a deck with sound,picture and text. Then I upload this to your webside and then exported this deck with 3 files to my computer.

Is it possible to download this deck from google docs?

I create a folter Flashcards Deluxe in google docs with 3 files (.txt; .caf; .jpg). Then I try Add Deck with G Google Docs. Then I saw a empty page (Google Docs) and after push Download the message "No decks were selected". :(

Should this work?

Thanks for help.

Best regards Klaus
yogie-son

Re: Download Deck from Google Docs

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Hi Klaus,

The google docs file needs to be a spreadsheet, not a text file. So, if you originally created your text in a spreadsheet, just upload that. Or, copy-paste the text data into a new spreadsheet document in google docs.

If you have pictures and sounds, you can't store them on google docs. You can store them on dropbox or other public web storage and use a command in your text file to point to your public dropbox URL. Let me know if you want more info on this. Otherwise, sticking to my server and uploading the media to my server may be the simplest approach for now.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby yogie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:34 pm

Hi Ernie,

thanks for your reply. Spreadsheet works. :)

I created a yoga deck and I will include a lot of picture. The pictures are all at my ipad. Is there a possibiltiy to point (specify) this pictures with the "Picture 1" Column in the spreadsheet without uploading .

Klaus
yogie

Postby Ernie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Hmm, I responded, but I don't know where the post went.

No, the app can't link directly to the photos on your iPad like that. You can attach a photo one at a time from your library using the card edit screen, but this isn't using the Picture 1 column. I don't know if trying to use Picture 1 would even make sense, as there is no way to reference a picture (no picture name). You'll need to get the pictures on your PC and either upload them to my website, or to something like Dropbox before they can be downloaded to the app.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby yogie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:26 am

I think this answered my question.

My idea was if I have all my picture on the ipad and I create a spreadsheet it would be nice, if I use the pictures from my ipad:

to refererence this pictures in the excelsheet
and when I start export from googledocs - your app takes the pictures from the ipad instead of dropbox.

I understand - that does not work and I can work with dropbox.

It is a nice app. I like it. Thanks.

Klaus
yogie

Postby Arebitrue87 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm having a hard time with this as well. I made a new "folder" and the app still doesn't reconize that I made the folder. I did place the spreadsheet in the folder, but still getting an error message here. HELP!
Arebitrue87

Postby Ernie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:44 pm

Did you name your folder "Flashcards Deluxe"?
What exactly is the error message.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Arebitrue87 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:51 pm

nevermind. I figured it out. thanks!
Arebitrue87

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback