Flashcards Deluxe vs. Anki?

Flashcards Deluxe vs. Anki?

Postby tutu10 » Fri May 31, 2019 1:58 am

Has anyone been using the flashcards Deluxe app for MCAT studying? I find it's a lot more visually appealing, and the spaced repetition settings says that its software is very similar to Anki. I'm curious if anyone else has any experience or if I should just cut my losses and switch over to Anki now before I hit over 300 flashcards made.
tutu10

Re: Flashcards Deluxe vs. Anki?

Postby Ernie » Fri May 31, 2019 8:50 am

You likely won't get a response from a user who's studied the MCAT here, as they probably aren't following this forum closely.

You should read about my spaced repetition system (SRS) in the page below:
http://orangeorapple.com/Flashcards/AboutSR.aspx

Most SRS systems are similar... a card is shown after some timed-interval, you answer, and system determines the next time you should be seeing the card, increasing intervals on correct answers and decreasing intervals on incorrect answers.

Mine is a bit different than most because is has separate "new card" and "due card" modes. Anki may have intervals of 5 minutes for new cards. My "new card" mode doesn't have intervals, but after you've answered it correct a few times, it will become "active" with an initial interval of one day, generally.

I think you should read how my system works and try it out for a week or so. And do the same with Anki's app. I don't think you'd lose much to try them both at the same time, and you'll likely have a preference. I don't think you can go wrong either way.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback