Can you make it *harder* to delete a deck?

Postby doogooroo » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi Ernie,

At the moment all you need to do is swipe and press and, bang, your precious deck disappears forever with no hope of return. I hope I'll never do this accidentally but I can't be sure I won't someday.

One option might be to add a confirmation message, "Are you sure you want to delete the deck?" I know it's an extra step but I feel it would be worth it if it meant people didn't accidentally delete a deck.

Sure, you can back-up your cards, but the current system is a bit of a pain and quite onerous, particularly if you have sounds / images associated with a card.

In contrast, however, I feel it's fine to be able to easily delete individual cards as these come and go and, even if inadvertently deleted, are easily recreated.

My two cents.

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Re: Can you make it *harder* to delete a deck?

Postby Ernie » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I hear you. I am trying to make it easier to back up by allowing to you export everyting to Dropbox.
I'm not sure the direction I want to take on this, but I will think about it. I probably should create an option that defaults to showing a confirmation before delete....
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Can you make it *harder* to delete a deck?

Postby doogooroo » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:55 pm

A default option to confirm before deleting would be good.

As I said initially, I don't mind being able to delete individual cards quickly (without a confirmation) - in fact it's probably handier that way.

It's just that I'm worried I'm going to get butter fingers and suddenly a deck will disappear.

Thanks again for looking into this. Excited by the propsect of a DropBox sync option. It would superfab to have over the air syncing of everything. Bliss!

Best of luck.

Cheers,

Dougal
doogooroo

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback