Error Media subfolder not found?

Error Media subfolder not found?

Postby scrambledlegs » Fri May 10, 2019 11:11 am

I'm suddenly having issues with "downloading the media" portion when updating a deck from "Edit" -> "Download / Update".

It goes to Downloading Media then reports this error:
Error: Media subfolder not found SharedMedia/

I've been updating this deck for months via Dropbox without any issues until today.

The top of the txt file contains the same thing it has always had:
* media-dir SharedMedia

So, I logged out of dropbox on the app and when I logged in, I'd noticed that the default directory had changed from the root path "/Flashcards Deluxe" to "Apps/Flashcards Deluxe" which would explain why it can't find my SharedMedia folder. Unless there is a way in the app to switch it back to the old directory "/Flashcards Deluxe" I think the best path forward is for me to move all my media folders and decks into the "Apps/Flashcards Deluxe" folder.

Does that sound best?
scrambledlegs

Re: Error Media subfolder not found?

Postby Ernie » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi,

When logging in to Dropbox, there are two login options. The first option will use "Apps" sub-folder, and the 2nd will not. So if you want to leave everything where they are, re-login using the 2nd option, and I think you'll be good to go. (If not, let me know.) Otherwise, you can move your files.

Originally, Dropbox did not support the "Apps" subfolder. After Dropbox added support, I needed to support both options. "Apps" subfolder is nice for the user because the app you are giving access to (e.g. Flashcards Deluxe) can only then see data in its own app folder, protecting your security/privacy. When you use the 2nd option (which used to be the only option), you are giving access to ALL your dropbox data, but my app will of course only read/write from within the /Dropbox/Flashcards Deluxe/ folder that it creates.

Users who want to use Shared folders (with other users) in their Flashcards Deluxe folder will need to continue to use the 2nd login option (no Apps folder).
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback