What are the most beautiful decks available for FCD?

What are the most beautiful decks available for FCD?

Postby iLearnedToWalkWithFC » Mon May 06, 2019 7:13 pm

With FCD, learning is easy and fun. With beautiful decks, this becomes even easier and more fun. What are the nicest decks that you stumbled upon? One of my favorites so far is the deck with the 50 U.S. States (it's also in the "Featured" section, but I don't know what that actually means). Since I discovered this one, I know all nicknames of all U.S. states and of course their capitals.

What are other beautiful cards available in the FCD Shared Library?
iLearnedToWalkWithFC

Re: What are the most beautiful decks available for FCD?

Postby Ernie » Tue May 07, 2019 9:14 pm

I created the "50 US States" as a sample deck when the app was first created many years ago.

Featured was just my way of showcasing some sample decks that people might be interested in. For the most part, they were created by me when the app was released for sample/demo decks.

As for your question, I personally don't have any input on this. I know people have created some really fancy and attractive decks with pictures and sounds, but I can't remember any specifics at this time. Other users don't generally post responses here, so not sure if you'll get any suggestions from others.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby iLearnedToWalkWithFC » Wed May 08, 2019 4:51 am

Hi Ernie

Great deck! Thanks for creating it!

So, would there be another place to ask such questions about FCD related stuff?

Since we are already talking about your US States deck: On pages 3, you list some trivia about these states. This usually is too much text for my screen. I have larger font sizes, since my eyesight is not very good. A screenshot is attached. You can see that the sentence is cut off at the end, and there is no way for me to scroll down.
iLearnedToWalkWithFC

Postby taeril » Wed May 08, 2019 7:51 am

Hi there,

There is seting, easy scroll, see it on screenshot, I think that's seting that will allow you to easily scroll down and read rest of the text. If it isn't that setting, (sorry I'm short time on this app) then if you long press on side with lot of text, it will allow you as well to scroll down and read rest of the side.

As for your first question, as said, I'm not here that long and didn't really see any beautiful decks yet, but didn't really search for it either, but for sure there are, maybe others can help you with that. I'm at the moment just looking for Chinese decks with audio and in that regard didn't really find something useful so I made it my self, though it's not really beautiful, but it serves me learning Chinese.

Lots of fun with your endeavor.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190508-224322.jpg
Screenshot_20190508-224322.jpg (152.09 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
taeril

Postby Ernie » Wed May 08, 2019 8:03 am

iLearnedToWalkWithFC,

Normally you can long-press a side with a lot of text and it will switch to a scrollable view. But this generally only works when you see a green arrow at the bottom.

Sometimes I have trouble determining how text is going to layout on the screen, so text goes off the bottom of the screen and I don't know. I'll need to look into this more.

A solution in your case is go to Global Options > Control > Advanced > Hold to Zoom and turn on. This will allow to always long-press the card's text to enter zoom mode.

As taeril mentioned, you can turn "Easy Scroll" on. The downside to this is that you'll need to tap top/bottom of screen instead of swiping up/down to answer strong-correct/wrong, as swipes will now scroll instead of answer.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby iLearnedToWalkWithFC » Wed May 08, 2019 8:07 am

Great, thanks for clarifying it!
iLearnedToWalkWithFC

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback