Question about numbers under the cards

Question about numbers under the cards

Postby Vinde » Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 pm

I believe that I read somewhere that the numbers displayed under your card go as follows:

(Current interval) interval if wrong interval if correct interval if strong correct

Which makes sense for most cards but sometimes I see values like:-
(14h) 14h 14h 14h

My minimum interval is set to 14h, so do these values mean that I will need to get the current card correct more than once to increase its interval over 14h?

And sometimes the value in the bracket has two numbers in it like:-
(21h/2) 14h 3 5

What do the two numbers in the brackets mean?

Thank you in advance :)
Vinde

Re: Question about numbers under the cards

Postby Ernie » Fri May 03, 2019 8:23 am

(14h) 14h 14h 14h

If you get a card wrong, then next correct answer won't increase the interval, it will just show the card again after the current interval.
Usually the first interval after ( ) will be half the current interval, but might be the same if either 1) you have a minimum interval of say 14h, or 2) you have a wrong factor of 1.

(21h/2) 14h 3 5

Do you have late review adjustment on? 21h = real current interval; 2 (days) = adjusted current interval based on the fact that it's been a few days or so since you last tested the card. If you get correct, you've proven that you can remember not only after 21h, but after a few days, so the app will take that into consideration and give you a next interval of 3 or 5 days (show above).
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Question about numbers under the cards

Postby Vinde » Fri May 03, 2019 9:18 pm

Ah. Yes, I do have late review adjustment on. Makes sense!

Thank you :D
Vinde

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback