Android: Cards not displayed correctly!

Android: Cards not displayed correctly!

Postby spitzmuller » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:42 am

Hi Ernie.

I've used your app since the beginning and there is no better!

I have switched from iphone to a Samsung S9 recently, and of course your flashcard app was one of the first to be installed. Transferring the cards was a charm.

Since then I have repeated a few of the cards, and I noticed, that some cards don't get displayed correctly: a picture is blocking part of the text and tapping and holding won't make the text scrollable. On i0S, this worked just fine.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Tell me if you need access to the cards - they're on Google Drive .

Thanks.

Simon
spitzmuller

Re: Android: Cards not displayed correctly!

Postby Ernie » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:01 am

Hi Simon,

Android doesn't return accurate sizing information to me, so I have a hard time knowing how much space the text is going to take when I display it.

I'll need to look into this and do some tests on my end. Are you using standard fonts, and no HTML?

In iOS, in the Font setting screen, and I have an option "Add Extra Space". I might need to do something like this on Android that allows users to tell the app, "the text is not fitting in the space".

To allow to you long-press, go to Global Options > Control > Advanced > Hold to Zoom. Turn on. You shouldn't have to do this, but the app doesn't know things are truncated in your case, so it's not working by default.
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Android: Cards not displayed correctly!

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi Ernie

No html except for the occasional <b>. But that was before you supported the text styles in excel/google docs.

An "add extra space option" would be nice, yes.

Until then, the "hold to zoom option you mentioned is a good workaround, thanks!!

Have a good one. Simon

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback