Split total Card Volume in Package

Split total Card Volume in Package

Postby Student Pilot » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:18 am

Hey there,

I have 1000 cards in 9 categories.
Is there an easy way to have FCD split the total cards into mini-quizzes of 10% of the cards across all categories at a Time, allowing a score for each Package? Nevertheless, after 10 runs with 10% each, all 1000 should have been touched once. Neither selections of „From card“ /„To card“ or „Interval“ seem to take me there. The existing time-based approach is not what I am looking for, my aim is to quickly focus on the topics that require more learning.
Maybe it is just a configuration issue - please advise!
Thanks & cheers
Student Pilot
Student Pilot

Re: Split total Card Volume in Package

Postby Ernie » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi,

You want the app to pick 10% of your cards, randomly across all cards? No, the app doesn't have a feature to do this.

You don't want to pick cards 1-100 to get your first 10%?
You don't want to study by your 9 categories?

If you wanted 100 random cards at a time, what I would do is export to Excel, and a random number column, sort by that, then send back into the app. At this point you should be able to take cards 1-100 for your first 10%, no?
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Split total Card Volume in Package

Postby Student Pilot » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:28 pm

Thank you for getting back so quickly, Ernie!

>You want the app to pick 10% of your cards, randomly across all cards? No, the app doesn't have a feature to do this.
Okay, noted - thank you!

You are absolutely right, Excel can do it.
Adding a RND() column for sorting purposes and splitting the questions into chunks works like charm.
My question came up while I was on a vacation with no access to a desktop version of Excel (Using Excel on mobile devices would have just taken forever to do the modifications.).

Will do the rest in Excel now - thanks again!
Best regards
Student Pilot
Student Pilot

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback