Desktop version

Desktop version

Postby kozz84 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:31 am

Hey,

I'm just wondering do you have in the pipeline a desktop app. Either webapp or windows/mac app? As much as I love flashcards deluxe I can't use it everywhere and the desktop version would help me study at work.

Also, I have too many flashcards, so moving to other programs would be a hassle.

best regards
kozz84

Re: Desktop version

Postby Ernie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi. No, I don't have any plans at this time for a desktop version (to be used for studying). I would though like to create a desktop version for creating and entering cards, which would then sync automatically with the app. I hope to start work on this in first half 2020. Duplicating all the study functionality in a desktop app is too daunting of a task for me to even consider at this point, and it probably won't ever happen.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:07 am

Thanks for the answer. I tried tried moving to Anki, but I have a few issues. The interface is garbage, I can't preserve the statistics and the ios price is a bit too much.

I will try cloning the screen, or running android apps on windows with emulation.

best regards,
Pawel

!!

Postby jeanpaulmichel » Sun May 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello,
I use teamviewer to connect my smartphone to my computer. So, I control FCD with my mouse and keyboard from the desktop. You also can use some app like mobizen or use the microsoft wireless adapter that works fine too.
There are different way to project your android screen on a desktop.
Hope that can help !
Regards
Jeanpaulmichel
jeanpaulmichel

Postby jrgarrigues » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:51 am

If you’re using the iOS/Apple/Mac ecosystem, Apple might be providing a solution in the not-so-distant future with Project Catalyst. Catalyst basically enables iOS apps on the MacOS platform to let you use your iPhone/iPad apps on your MacBookPro (or any other flavor of Apple computer).

Here’s an article that describes it a little better: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jeanbaptis ... 15c08352ad
jrgarrigues

Postby Ernie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:42 am

jrgarrigues,

I've been waiting for something like this for many years. I will definitely try to get this working for Flashcards Deluxe when the product is ready.
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback