Text size change triggers newline

Text size change triggers newline

Postby Wumm » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:44 am

Hello Ernie, I just want to start off by saying that you have done an amazong job with this app and - when I am not procrastinating - I am using it every day to study Swedish and soon Spanish!
I have a question regarding the formatting of text though: is it intended for the <size .5f> tag pair to trigger a new line or is this a bug? I have tried a couple things but have not been able to put half-sized and normal-sized text together on the same line. And if you allow me to ask: are there even more advanced methods to format text in your app, like CSS or some more tags that programmers like me would appreciate to know about? I am doing a lot of work with my decks using custom-written scripts to make my cards more pleasing to the eye (like using text formatting) and also easier to learn for me.

Otherwise, I think your app is one of the best out there, keep up the good work!

Best Regards
Wumm

Re: Text size change triggers newline

Postby Ernie » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:07 am

Hi. Thanks!

The custom size tag will always put the text on it's own line.

You can use any standard HTML to format. For example, the following will show "Two" at 50% size.
One <span style="font-size: 0.5em;">Two</span> Three

If that doesn't solve your problem, let me know.
Something on my to-consider list is allowing user to create deck level CSS/html-formatting, which can be reused. Currently, you'll need to duplicate any style on every card.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback