Suggestion

Suggestion

Postby Eddie » Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:23 am

Hello,

I really appreciate the app and this forum. I just wanted to leave a suggestion for you guys to ponder. What about implementing links into the cards that can lead directly to an PDF on the device. Is that even technically possible?
Eddie

Re: Suggestion

Postby Ernie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:38 am

Hi Eddie,

I don't know if this is possible. Is this for Android? One thing I wonder is if my app would even have access to files in whatever directory your PDF files are in (unless you put it the app's data directory). The bigger problem is that I think this feature would only benefit a few people, maybe only work with Android, and would likely not be worth the effort because of too many issues to try to figure out (how link to by user, how find by app, how show). At least you've put the idea out there in my head so maybe one day when I feel it makes more sense, I can consider it more.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Eddie » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks for your reply Earnie!

I actually meant IOS. I think this would probably be possible if Apple releases a new file-managing-system with IOS 13 this summer.
But yes, I fully understand that this has no priority at all. Thanks for keeping it in mind though!!
Eddie

Postby jrgarrigues » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:16 am

+1

I think there is a strong use case for this kind of linking. Glancing through the "I use FCD for..." I see a lot of people that are studying for exams where this capability would be a big deal.
jrgarrigues

Postby Ernie » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:08 am

I responded to your other post, which I think is the same topic.
On iOS, opening Apple's special links to other apps should work using the process I mentioned on that topic:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5915
Ernie
Site Admin

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback