Google Docs

Google Docs

Postby texbryan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:09 pm

Due to limited internet overseas, I'm not in a position to do a lot of trial and error. Could anyone share some of the basic settings for Google Docs/Flashcards Deluxe?

I tried uploading my .txt file (not converted to GDocs) and that gave me a blank card for every cell/tab. I uploaded/saved the same file I've pasted in the OorA web-based uploader.

I see from other postings that some have made this work, so its good to know it can be done. I'm just not in a position to experiment.
texbryan

Re: Google Docs

Postby texbryan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Rereading the other GDocs post: Does it need to be saved in the spreadsheet format of Google or as a .txt file?
texbryan

Postby Ernie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Save your text as a spreadsheet in a "Flashcards Deluxe" folder/collection.
I assume you can either upload a spreadhseet, or copy-paste your text into a gdocs spreadsheet.

Sorry for not providing much instruction on this.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby Somethankfullguy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:50 am

Your googledocs support works nicely and i'd like to thank you especially for this feature, since i work with google docs on my cards almost every day! Thank you!
Somethankfullguy

Postby Ernie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:13 am

Thank you! I appreciate the comment.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby texbryan » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 am

A little slow in saying, "thanks". Yes, saving it in Google's spreadsheet format works great.
Great program! I'm trying to learn Ukrainian and it's been a great help in just three days.
texbryan

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback