Suggestion: do not show blank side

Suggestion: do not show blank side

Postby acetylator » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 am

Hi Ernie! First of all, thank you VERY much for your program. It really helps. Now my suggestion: I have a deck, where "Text 1" is a word in a foreign language, "Text 2" is a translation, "Text 3" is an example of using this word. Not all the words have examples, and therefore at some words "Text 3" is blank. When I click on a screen, it shows first side, then second side, and when I click again, if there is no example for current word, it shows blank screen. I think it would be better to show first side again, instead of a blank third side, what do you think? Thank you for your time.
acetylator

Re: Suggestion: do not show blank side

Postby Ernie » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 am

This should work as you want it. I just did a test, and side 3 did not show for cards that didn't have Text 3.
Are you sure your Text 3 is really blank? (Is there a space in there?)
If you want, email me some text or a deck code so I can try out your flashcards on my device.

Ernie
Ernie
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: do not show blank side

Postby acetylator » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:42 am

Hi Ernie!
Thank you for your reply. You are right, that was actually my fault. All blank cards from side 3 actually contained "<size .5></size>" string, so that's why it was displayed. Anyway, thank you for your time.
acetylator

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback