app always crashes

app always crashes

Postby stefan@zintgraf.de » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 pm

After creating a new combination deck the app always crashes now.
I tried to clean up memory and start the ipod new but nothing helps.
What can i do now?
stefan@zintgraf.de

Re: app always crashes

Postby Ernie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:26 pm

Stefen,

I haven't heard of this before. Does it crash when you tap to add a new deck? Or when you try to enter this new combination deck for study? Have you tried adding a different single deck, maybe one you just downloaded, as a test?

Do you have any more specific information for me, like when exatly it crashes and can you get it to work for other deck (maybe a fresh downloaded one without pictures or sounds).

If you are comfortable doing so, you might want to try exporting (backing up) your decks and reinstalling the app.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby stefan@zintgraf.de » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:51 pm

Ernie,

I don't remember exactly but i added a new deck (called grammatik2) into one of my folders and then added this to an existing combination deck.
I think after adding this deck the app crashed.
The app crashes again and again about 2 seconds after starting it. I only can see the first screen with some empty rows but no folders or decks listed.
It is not possible to type in something before the app crashes.
I guess some inconsistency in the data now makes the app always crashing. I am completely stuck now.
Of course i could uninstall and re-install the app. But then all my valuable data are lost (about 100 decks or so...) - and this would mean hours if not days of work!
I guess i need some kind of debug version of that app or maybe an old version or a beta version of a new one to be able to continue and fix the bug.
As the crash happens when i was in a sub-folder, probably the old version of the app (not supporting multitasking) would work as it always displays the first level of decks - how can i install the old version?
In the meantime i will continue to work with my second ipod with new data. I really need to recover the system, i hope you can help me here.
Thanks
Stefan
stefan@zintgraf.de

Postby Ernie » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Stefan, I'm looking into this. I think what we'll try is for me to send you an app that hopefully will allow you to send the app's database to me, and I can see what is going on... and hopefully recover your data. I will contact you by email.
Ernie
Site Admin

Postby stefan@zintgraf.de » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Ernie,
I appreciate your help!
My mail address is stefan@zintgraf.de.
Thanks
Stefan
stefan@zintgraf.de

Return to Comments, Questions and Feedback